Saturday 16 March 2013

"THEY COULDN'T FIX ME. NOTHING CAN CHANGE WHAT I AM!"

Harvey 'Two Face' Dent (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, 2012).

Batman's reply? "You and me both..."






I've just watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (parts 1 & 2). Enjoyed the first part more than the second, but that's an issue I had with the comic book rather than a fault with the animation. Peter Weller is well cast as the voice of the Batman and pulls it off with darkly humorous charisma.

In short, the story (which in part inspired Nolan's final Batman movie) features a jaded and creaky 55 year old Bruce Wayne coming out of retirement to take on a dangerous new enemy.

Watching it got me thinking: "If I had to cast this as a live action film, who would I have play the Batman?" Well friends, I thought long and hard, and I think I found the perfect grizzled face and bulky figure. Hell, this guy is even (currently) 56!

Any ideas who I mean?...




Yeah, this man-mountain. Look at that face- that scowl! Perfection! He's big, he's mean, he's funny, and he has a voice like grating tomb stones! Dolph Lundgren, 80's action hero and all-round bad-ass.

Well, that's my hat in the ring. If anybody has a better suggestion I'd like to hear it?

Step right up and have a go, if you think you're hard enough to beat The Dolph...

No comments:

Post a Comment