Monday 18 March 2013

"SORRY, VENKMAN, I'M TERRIFIED BEYOND THE CAPACITY FOR RATIONAL THOUGHT!"

Dr. Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters, 1984).







I personally would love to see a third Ghostbusters film. Who wouldn't?

Hell, I'll admit I even enjoy the much-maligned Ghostbusters 2, I don't see what was so wrong with it- some witty banter topped off with a few creepy moments, what's not to like?

Only thing is; the guys (gotta love er'm) are just too old to don the ol' proton packs... It's a shame, but it's true. Google them, it's actually a bit sad. Still, growing old is something that should, with any luck, befall us all.

Tell you what I would like to see done with another Ghostbusters film: good quality CGI with the original voice cast, so (like with the recent console games) we sidestep the age related issues nicely and keep continuity with the previous films. And, CGI has a real scope to be properly creepy- excellent examples are A Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline and Monster House (let's not forget, the original Ghostbusters played much of the horror straight).

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment