Tuesday 13 May 2014

"IT'S NOT WHO I AM UNDERNEATH, BUT WHAT I DO THAT DEFINES ME..."

Bruce Wayne (Batman Begins)


Perhaps this will shut a few people up?


The first images of Ben Affleck in Zach Snyder's Batman reboot have surfaced on the interweb. Have to be honest about this- I think things thus far look very, very cool. Kevin Smith's enthusiasm was well deserved.


The comics have certainly inspired the 'new look'.

The suit is dark, broody and less Halo-space-amour than Nolan's vision, and as a result is much more in keeping with the comics. Affleck's put on some serious mass for the part, his arms are like tree trunks and remind me of the Frank Miller drawings!
Everyone would do well to remember that Zack Snyder has always had a near slavish devotion to aesthetics; love-or -hate his movies, just compare 'The Watchmen' and '300' to their comic-book counterparts and you'll see some very faithful interpretations.


I'd still rather see Batman keeping to his own franchise because I personally feel the notion of a 'Superman vs. Batman' film is close to autistic (even in the comics it's just plain stupid Batman can ever go toe-to-toe with an indestructible alien), but at least things are looking up. Having said that, I've still not seen Snyder's 'Man Of Steel', so I could be being a little unfair.

Here's hoping I'm pleasantly surprised...

No comments:

Post a Comment