Tuesday 4 June 2013

"TOGETHER WE WILL PUNISH THESE CREATURES, THESE... TURTLES!"

Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 1990).


Michael Bay, play close attention: STOP.



So, not content with fucking up one beloved children's cartoon, it would seem that Michael Bay is financing / producing the next celluloid balls-up: the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Here are some of the on-scene photos.

The guys in center are the actors who will later be replaced by CGI characters. Not a good start to things, I personally have a soft spot for the old rubber suits and masks. CGI rarely ever convinces, even when it's done right- Gollum as an example: good but not really 'there'.

Who the fuck are the masked terrorist types? Please, God, don't tell me they're the Foot Clan...

Stand-ins for the CGI turtles in center.

Hey, here's Megan Fox, in the role of April O'Neil. Wrong, wrong, wrong... I know that sounds nerdy, but either treat the source material with a little reverence or just make a completely different story! Nobody ever does, it's much better to leech off of the already established success of a franchise than it is to make your own way.


Fail.

Finally, and I can't speak for authenticity, but this could be the new-look for the Turtle characters. I can believe that as these look too pro for fan art, but I could be mistaken. I'm not a big fan of the face, but it's odd seeing any Turtle without their trademark bandanna...

Interesting, but is this true?


My hopes aren't high...

No comments:

Post a Comment