Wednesday 11 May 2016

"HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU, KID."

Rick (Casablanca)



Depressed myself recently by viewing Film 4's '50 Films To See Before You Die'.

Seems I can't really call myself a film enthusiast after all.

To my shame, here's a list of the films that (as a self-titled film fan) I really should have watched by now. Let the rotten fruit throwing commence...

North By Northwest (1959)
Double Indemnity (1944)
Trainspotting (1996)
This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
The King Of Comedy (1983)
Mullholland Drive (2001)
Brazil (1985)
Aguirre, Wrath Of God (1972)

And, to make matters even worse, God forbid, the following are films that I've yet to see and (shock horror) I really don't care to. Critically acclaimed? Sure. Just can't get excited over them...  Surely we all have a list of 'those' films we're always told to watch and just really couldn't give a fuck about?

 The Apartment (1960)
Citizen Kane (1941)
 2001: A Space Odyssey(1968)
Wizard Of Oz (1939)
Cabaret (1972)

So, there you have it. Can I still call myself a film fan, or am I to be struck from the records?

You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment