Wednesday 4 November 2015

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"

The Joker (Dark knight)


The late Heath Ledger enjoying a meal and a laugh with his co-star Christian Bale. Life is sadly much too short...


When I began this Blogging lark, I'd always intended to favor entertainment and humor over lofty critical pretensions... Having reread my last few reviews, accurate as they are to my feelings, they have tended to feel a little 'dusty'. Somewhere, between my honest intentions and where I am now, it seems to me I've lost my way.

Let's fix that.

Firstly, I'll try for a few less film reviews, as well as a few less film-orientated articles.

Secondly, I'll try and be a little more pithy and a lot less ostentatious. After all, I'm writing mostly to entertain, not inform. Everyone's a critic these days, all it takes is an opinion and you're half way there.
Thirdly, because I have a lot less time these days I'm going to keep the reviews shorter (new releases and films of particular interest may still be a little longer), and these will be tagged 'Full Tilt Reviews' rather than 'Carlisle's Final Word'.
 "(at) full tilt": headlong, hastily, wildly, impetuously, recklessly, at breakneck speed.

Fourthly, I'll try to be more frequent in my posts- hopefully two a month or more, but we'll have to see how that works.

And lastly... I'm going to try and take this movie-critic thing a little less seriously. Sure, they're are lots of films that I personally 'don't get', and some I actively loath, but I'm getting mellower in my old age. I'm adopting a more forgiving live-and-let-live philosophy. That is, on most occasions....

Well that's all for now, expect the first Full-Tilt Review sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment