Friday 1 March 2013

"LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!"

Max Renn (Videodrome, 1983).





Much to the surprise of my closest friends (who'd assumed I must have watched this many years ago), I have only just now watched Videodrome.


What? How? Why?


...Fucking Hell, what was that?

I finished watching this at close to 2am, and for some unknown reason thought it would be a good idea to follow it up with Naked Lunch (another David Cronenberg movie) on the rational that nothing could possibly be any weirder. Man, was I mistaken.

Reviews to follow, I think...



"The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, television is reality, and reality is less than television."
Brian O'Blivion







No comments:

Post a Comment