Wednesday 13 February 2013

TWILIGHT; Carlisle's Final Word.



 "And the lion fell in love with the lamb." 
Edward Cullen.

 Script Logic; 1/2

Pace; 1/2

Acting; 1/2

Aesthetic; 1/2

Originality & Intention; 1/2

Final Score; 5/10



Just to be clear: I am not ‘down’ on Twilight just because it’s popular. I watched this with a very open mind (believe it or not).
Not scary enough to be a horror. Not romantic enough to be a romance. Not dramatic enough to be a drama. Not acted well enough to be a character piece. Not original enough to deserve its influential status- this story doesn’t have a single original or inventive idea to call its own, and anybody who’s even slightly interested in the vampire genre should know better. Not even a ‘Jack-of-all-trades’, more like a folded and dog-eared five-of-clubs. I’m not sure I understand how or why this is so popular, all I can surmise is that teenage girls these days are really fucking stupid, border-line mentally retarded (I’m not sure who should be most offended by that comparison), or just really thankful to have a film finally aimed at them that’s not released sorely on the Disney channel. It's not terrible, it's just not great either.

God, I despair. Someone call in Blade, or Buffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment